I am a firm believer that it is the little things in life that can bring you the greatest joy. They can plaster an unexpected happy little grin on your face and make you feel as if you are beaming like the midday sun. It is these moments in life that are the little trinkets that you can really cherish among a box of larger treasures. They may not be as big, expensive, or shiny as the other jewels but they have a worth in their own right. They glimmer into your life when you least expect them and simply lift you up when you are in need of a boost. These moments are the threads that sew the tapestry of a happy life together, and are something for which I am incredibly grateful for.
I have not been blogging for very long, and started this blog to share the lessons that I learn along the way as I embarked on my creative journey as a self taught artist. I am so passionate about making art and being creative that I am always absolutely delighted when somebody takes the time to read my posts. So imagine how humbled I was when a fellow blogger nominated my little blog for the Liebster Award. Thank you Emily http://www.lightthelie.com/wordpress 🙂 It was a huge source of encouragement that my writing is not just the ramblings of a slightly nutty artist and an inspiring nudge to keep on sharing my thoughts with those who have the inclination to read them. Not only this, but I love your writing style and posts- I always look forward to seeing them appear in my reader!
Firstly, if you have been nominated for ‘Liebster Award’ and accept it, you are required to follow few rules.
- Write a post about the Liebster Award.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Post a link to the person’s blog who nominated you on your blog.
- Answer all the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 deserving blogs, who have a follower count of less than 1000. (You can also nominate who has already received this award.)
- Create a new list of 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- List out all the rules in your blog post.
- Do not forget to inform the nominees. You can do this by commenting on their blog post. Most importantly, give a link for them to your post.
Her 11 questions for me:
- Why do you blog? I love sharing any creative little quirks I have discovered as I teach myself new arty things. It is an online diary of my progress as an artist. I also have a lot of thoughts in my brain that I just like to splurge onto the internet in the hope that others might share my feelings, or just enjoy reading what I have to say 🙂
- When do you feel the most alive? During the most simple moments in my life when I don’t have too many thoughts buzzing around in my mind. Just walking along the river at sunset, riding my bike, or getting caught in the rain. I can just sit back, take a deep breath and live in the moment.
- What is the nicest thing someone has done for you? My parents gave me the gift of a wonderful childhood, and continue to offer their unwavering love and support. I cannot think of a nicer thing that has happened to me as it will follow me for the rest of my life. Almost everything I have and everything I am links back to them.
- What memory is your favorite? I have many, so this is difficult to answer 🙂 I am from a big family, I have two brothers. Up until I was seven years old, I had always ALWAYS wished for a sister. The day that my Mum brought my little sister home from the hospital and I held her for the first time is one of my most cherished memories.
- Are you a cat or dog person? Or neither? 100% dog. I LOVE everything about them. From their sunny dispositions to their loyalty and playful nature, they won my heart from the day I first interacted with one when I was no more than a year old.
- Where is the place you wish to go the most? The Amazon rain forest
- Do you have a favorite tradition? If spending Christmas day with my family counts, then yes absolutely 🙂
- Who is the person you look up to the most and why? If I had to pick one, probably my Mum. She had a tough start in life but is without fail one of the most hardworking and kindhearted selfless souls I have ever met.
- What brings you the most peace? Knowing that my family and friends are happy and healthy.
- What is your biggest hope? To live a happy life with the man I love surrounded by family and friends. If I can become a full time artist as well, that would be an enormous cherry on a beautiful cake.
- What is your least favorite chore? Tidying away clutter and sorting out drawers. I am a messy person, it does not come naturally to me to keep everything tidy. As long as my house clean and germ free, I am pretty happy- it doesn’t have to be a show home (although I can’t say I’d object if it was!)
1. Amber at http://thelittlemew.blogspot.co.nz/
2. Emily at http://lightthelie.wordpress.com/ -I didn’t know if I could nominate you as you have already been nominated but it was worth a try 🙂
3. Mrs N at http://princessofthelight.wordpress.com/
4. Brad at http://thepositiveproject.net/
5. Vivian at http://silverliningofyourcloud.wordpress.com/
6. Debbie at http://debbiesjourneytohealthandhope.com/
7. James at http://jamessapsard.com/
8. Cute Overload at http://cuteoverload.com/
9. Helen at http://helenespinosa.wordpress.com/
10. The Good Hour at http://thegoodhour.wordpress.com/
11. Yara at http://changlesblog.wordpress.com/
My 11 Questions for you:
1. What inspires you?
2. What is your biggest pet hate?
3. If you could pick one day of your life and relive it, what day would that be?
4. If you could pick a talent for yourself, what would it be and why?
5. What motivates you?
6. What do you enjoy reading about the most on WordPress?
7. If you had a super power, what would it be and why?
8. If could live a day in the life of another person for one day, who would that person be?
9. What is your aspiration in life?
10. If you could pick a colour to match your personality, what colour would that be and why?
11. If you could jump on a plane tomorrow to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Phew! That was trickier than I had anticipated but such a nice post to have been nominated to write. I am growing very fond of this WordPress community despite being a relative new comer to its world.
Happy Wednesday everyone- half way through the working week- HIGH FIVES!!